Final Project Update – Furry Robots

by fqiu

I am a little behind on my project compared to my original timeline. Here is what I have accomplished so far:

I have created a mock-up of what the toy robot will look like:

I then structured how the inside of the elephant will look so the ears can be moved by a servo motor when triggered by a pressure sensor

The mechanics work quite well. However, I am having trouble with the Arduino board and have not had a chance to fix it.

I have also spent quite some time to make a press fit box, the box shown above is glued together. After few trials. A press fit model was made and is in working stage.

My next step is to figure out the Arduino glitch (getting the driver) and prototype the elephant so it can work based on the programming.

Here is the sketch I made to illustrate the interactions: